Need help with Setting up Texecom Premier Elite 64W Wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need help with this.... My neighbour saw that I had a Texecom system and we had a chat about it... So he went ahead and purchased a wireless kit (I have wired).

But unknown to me.... He can talk the talk but cant walk the walk.... He is totally out of his depth with this.

I've tried to help previously and told him to call Texecom support, which he did and he said the information went over his head....

So, as the obliging neighbour, I said I will try and help him out.

At present we are stuck with linking the keypad and the 64w.

So following instructions, we power up and connect the keypad to the 64w with the supplied cable. keypad screen shows tamper on all 8 zones. My neighbour said Texecom Support said the 64w thinks it is in wired mode, hence it shows zone tampers and that's why he cant link the keypad to the 64w.

So, first question, how do I get the 64w into ricochet mode and not wired?

I have wintex and the cable (from my own install) so can plug that in and program the 64w.

Once we can overcome this hurdle, then I have another neighbour who recently installed the 64W, and he said he can help with setting up all the PIR and switches etc.... He was lucky to not have the issue with the 64w thinking it was in wired mode and he said his install was straightforward.

Thanks in advance!

Al.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back