need temp extractor fan option

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently had my bathroom completed, which include all walls being covered in tiles.

Now we have a nice powerful shower over the bath we have noticed a huge amount of condensation that builds on the tiles.

I have been told that I need an extractor fan that vents to the outside.

With the layout of the bathroom I will not be able to position an extractor on an outside wall, and so the next best thing is the loft.

However I am not clear on how best this will work. Will i need to run a vent pipe to the eves?

Do I need to cut a hole out or can I just point the extractor pipe toward the outside word?

Anyone got any photos to show me?
BGSF2X.JPG

Sponsored Links
drawing you posted is exactly how i did mine.

you must never vent diretly into the loft.

Sponsored Links
That drawing is self explanatory.

Or you can connect to a roof vent tile.

A few things - if you use a fan as pictured, put some rubber between it and the joist to cut down on reverberation. Insulate over the duct to prevent condensation build up inside the duct. Check your soffit to make sure it's not asbestos cement board - if it is, take precautions when cutting it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back