Need to align my tv aerial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently put up a good quality aerial and pointed in the general direction of our transmitter.

Seems a bit unhappy at the moment as we have some channels missing on both freeview tv's.

I was looking at one of these as it caters for my sky dish also which i could check( one of my sky boxes has reception issues at times)

This one:

http://www.tvaerials.com/product.aspx?productid=4643

Thoughts help pointers most appreciated!

thanks.

Sponsored Links
have you tried changing the orientation off the areal??
as in fins now at the side turn them to the top and bottom

and re tune if Necessary

NO i haven't purely because i positioned them the same as my neighbours aerial which was recently fitted and i believe is working ok.

i get 114 and 117 channels in surrey dependent of which off the tuners i am on

has the switchover finished in your area

also worth a re-tune on a different day as it can be effected by the weather in marginal areas

Sponsored Links
I installed a V10-040 on Sunday for a friend. I didn't find alignment difficult without a meter. Just pointed in the right general direction then rotated slowly for the best signal quality indication on the screen.

Tell us your postcode and aerial type for more specific advice.

I installed a V10-040 on Sunday for a friend. I didn't find alignment difficult without a meter. Just pointed in the right general direction then rotated slowly for the best signal quality indication on the screen.

Tell us your postcode and aerial type for more specific advice.

Sure its bh22 area. And im using a red tipped antenna cant remember off the top of me head which type but im sure that's the correct for my transmitter!? Wasn't a cheapo it is decent.

BH22 is too vague to give good advice but it tells me that you are using Rowridge transmitter, which I know is "Group A" (red tip).

http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=bh22

If your aerial is pointing towards the Continent, interference is a possibility and it could block one or more multiplexes. There is really no answer to that.

Dependent on your postcode, your signal may be too strong (60dBuV/m is very strong) and that could kill multiplexes just as effectively as a weak signal or Continental interference. An attenuator might be needed at each receiver.

Bad cable and connections can also kill one or more multiplexes, while leaving others working.

Anyway, I don't like guessing games but maybe you've got enough information to work on.

If you need more clues try
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/freeview_problems.htm

And is it polarised correctly? (vertical vs horizontal).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back