Need to box in gas and electric meters...advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have recently had a room replastered and im left with a gas and an electric meter in the corner. Im stuck on how to get them boxed in. I thought about a radiator cover or even buying a sideboard and removing the back but i cant seem to get the size i need. Does anyone have any suggestions at all? TIA

Sponsored Links
why not build your own cupboard? on site we'd normally just frame with 2x1 batten and create your own cupboard with a door(or a pair) on the front.make the top wider on all exposed edges and knock the edges off with a plane or make a fancy edge with a router or some lipping.18mm MDF would do for the whole cupboard and is so easy to work with.you could then paint it to match the walls or make a feature of it.I'm sure it's not too big, it should cost less than 40 quid for everything you need.

Hi Raggy

Welcome to the made house

The trouble when most people box in gas and electric meters they look what they are boxes with a door on no more no less. Being as old as a young conker tree and some what old fashioned and also being a cabinet maker by trade I think any thing in your home like this should be a piece of furniture. So your idea of a radiator encasement or even a bedside cabinet with the back cut out is in my opinion going down the right road. Publish a photo with some sizes and I and other members will see what we can come up with. If you can’t host your own photos then let me have them and I will host them for you, you will need to email me through my website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back