Need to install new shower tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The knob on the side of my shower tap (faucet) which controls hot and cold water has become stiff over the past few months. I plan to replace the unit.
It looks like in the link below. (Sorry, Finnish text.) Left side controls water flow pressure.

http://www.putkikauppa.com/epages/K...tkikauppa/Products/631803/SubProducts/6318030

My questions are:

1) After I shut off the water from the mains, is the first step simply unscrewing the shower tap unit from the bolts?

2) There are also two screws on top of the unit -- hex type -- are these also undone?

3) Anyone have a simple step-by-step guide on all the basic steps to carry out?

Will be grateful if you folks can help us out with some more info.

Many thanks,
RS :)

Sponsored Links
Rollingstone06 said:
1) After I shut off the water from the mains, is the first step simply unscrewing the shower tap unit from the bolts?
If your shower valve is supplied by mains pressure hot and cold, then the answer is yes. However, if the valve takes any feed from stored water, then you need to shut off that feed.

2) There are also two screws on top of the unit -- hex type -- are these also undone?
Unlikely. I can't see from the image, but they're probably there to retain the knobs/handles.

3) Anyone have a simple step-by-step guide on all the basic steps to carry out?
Well you're just about there, but the new valve should come with manufacturer's installation instructions - you should follow those precisely.

Hi Softus,

Thanks for your quick reply! Much appreciated. Here's a URL link to a car site I belong to. I posted the pics of my shower tap (faucet) there.

It's at:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/test/1354766-shower-faucet-replacement-query.html#post2682173

I've circled in red the screws I'm talking about. They're not part of the pressure and cold/hot knobs. Any ideas? (In advance of me getting those instructions some time next week when I buy the new tap.)

Cheers,

Rollingstone06 said:
Here's a URL link to a car site I belong to. I posted the pics of my shower tap (faucet) there.
Nobody can see those images without joining that car site. It would be better to post them somewhere more accessible - have a look at the forum information at the following page:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99672

Sponsored Links
Can't see the pictures. If they are rather big screw heads, in the top, they may be for filters or the thermostat

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Rollingstone06 said:
Here's a URL link to a car site I belong to. I posted the pics of my shower tap (faucet) there.
Nobody can see those images without joining that car site. It would be better to post them somewhere more accessible - have a look at the forum information at the following page:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99672

Sorry guys, I forgot about the registration requirement at that car forum I belong to. Softus, I just e-mailed you.

Cheers,

I'll be sure to register with Photobucket soon, so that I can post pics more efficiently next time around. Thanks for the link, Softus!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back