Need to open patio doors other side first

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, before I get into the explanation of what advice I need I'd like to apologise for my ignorance on correct terminology :oops: lol

Now I've got that out the way I'll get onto my question...We've just moved into a house and need to make the patio doors from the front room leading to the conservatory open left side first (currently open right side first). It looks like if I was to remove the central strip and put it on the other door I would be able to open left side first, but, I have no idea how to swap it over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Couple of pictures of what I mean....

Any advice/tips would be great :)

Ta very much!!
Sam

Sponsored Links
If you're prepared for a bit dremmel(ing) then as far as i can remember it should be just a swap around.

The only thing i can think of that will be handed is the latch on the master door, hopefully the latch can be spun, if not then the mechanism is handed and then it becomes expensive, check if you can alter the latch first before going further, there may be a pozi screw going through the face of it, if so take it out and spin the latch. And also you'll need to move the shootbolt keeps over to the other door, these are the metal plates top and bottom of the frame

The flying mullion or the bit of plastic on the slave door is held on with 4 or 5 screws behind some screw caps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back