need to raise tiles to meet wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
its a bitumen floor 7m squared

what should i do to raise the tiles to meet up nicely with the wooden floor which is 20mm higher than the bitumen floor at the moment

sand and cement?
self levelling compound?
or tile backer boards?

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by a bitumen floor, do you mean asphalt? I assume your butting up to the wooden floor & not intending to tile over the lot?

25mm is too thin for a conventional sand/cement screed, it will most likely crack. You could use suitable thickness tile backer boards but an SLC would be better if you intend tiling but check for compatibility with whatever it is you have on the floor.

I would advise you read the Tiling Sticky & Forum Archive posts before doing any work or buying materials, it could prevent you making disastrous & potentially expensive mistakes. It’s also important to use only quality trade tilling materials of the correct type for your tiles & tile base; cheapo own brand & DIY stuff is mostly crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back