Need to replace outdoor pipe - not sure what i need!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

DIY newbie here.

The outdoor pipe that my bathroom drainage connects into is very rusty and corroded and needs replacing. the bathroom internal waste pipes connect into some hexagon shaped pot thing which then goes into the corroded pipe and into the drain.

I want to rip all this out and replace with a new plastic one. I'm happy buying the section of plastic piping but not sure what I need to purchase to replace the pot thing, can anybody advise? I've attached some photos:

Attachments

• IMG20190128113607.jpg
    IMG20190128113607.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG20190128113603.jpg
    IMG20190128113603.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.

So presumably would I mount the hopper to the wall, connect the bathroom pipes into the hopper, and then fit a new plastic pipe from the hopper to the drain?

Cheers

The bathroom pipes just hang into the hopper, you just fix it to the wall so they are all inside it.

But yes, hopper on the wall, pipe with 3 or 4 clips under that and finish it with a shoe on the bottom into the drain.

You could get a plastic hopper that’s very similar to the one you have there.

You could also drop the rainwater pipe into it too to save having 2 pipes lower down.

Sponsored Links
Unless its cracked, why not just wire brush it, repair any seals (mortar unless you want to use lead and hemp or tar), and paint it black.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back