Need to shave off 2 - 3mm off my cooker hood chimney. How?

Had ours cut down by a metal fabricator, cost about £5 if I recall, you can't tell they have been trimmed.

Sponsored Links
I used a dremmel when I did mine, went through plenty of little discs though :eek:

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a minimum sort of gap required between the hood and wall units like 60mm or something, those look as though they are touching?

I used a dremmel when I did mine, went through plenty of little discs though :eek:

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a minimum sort of gap required between the hood and wall units like 60mm or something, those look as though they are touching?

Not heard of that, and can't see why it would be needed there is of course a minimum distance twixt hob and hood which is 65 cm ??

Not heard of that, and can't see why it would be needed there is of course a minimum distance twixt hob and hood which is 65 cm ??

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...ding-hob-to-kitchen-wall-unit-spacing.363534/

I knew i'd seen something about this when I fitted my kitchen

Sponsored Links
What I'm saying is if you have a 600 hob and most likely a 600 hood then the gap between the wall units needs to be 700 meaning the wall units are set back 50mm each side and don't over hang the hob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back