Need to tee off this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to tee off this cold feed at the back of a downstairs vanity basin to get a feed for an outside tap. What is the fitting that has been used to connect the 15mm to the flexi ?

What is the best way to get a 15mm tee from here ?
The 15mm drops down from above in a stud wall. There is a about 3" of clearance between the pedestal and the wall.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/20170411_183508.99543/

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like a 15mm to 1/2" male iron (coupler) as @Hugh Jaleak mentions, I'd be looking for somewhere else to get the cold feed as that'll be a night mare to fit. How about the toilet supply?

Sponsored Links
Looks like a 15mm to 1/2" male iron (coupler). I'd be looking for somewhere else to get the cold feed. How about the toilet supply?

Wise thinking but the toilet supply is all really nicely boxed in together with the 110mm waste. If we grabbed the supply where it is exposed beneath the cistern then as we run along the wall to go and exit to the outside to the outside world then we are blocked by the boxing as it covers the falling 110mm from downstairs. At least this is not a job that has to happen today. It is my son's house. It is a new build. Time is on our side but it needs to be tidy.

If that's the only place then you'd be easier taking the pedestal out of the way 1st to get into the pipework properly

a 15mm compression tee vertical with the branch connected to your existing 15mm pipe,
a stub of 15mm pipe between your 15mm x 3/8"MI coupling and the top of the tee,
off the bottom to your outside tap.

a 15mm compression tee vertical with the branch connected to your existing 15mm pipe,
a stub of 15mm pipe between your 15mm x 3/8"MI coupling and the top of the tee,
off the bottom to your outside tap.

Understood, seems the way to go. I think I can get in there and achieve that. I will for sure, re-use the coupling but just wondering if it would be MI with a flexi attached to it. The flexi probably came with the tap from the continent so could the coupling be a 15 mm to 10mm with the 10mm nut and olive removed. Just wondering that's all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back