Need to work near to incoming overhead electric cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a chap coming to replace the old cast-iron guttering at the rear of my elderly parents property. There is a pair of incoming overhead electricity cables attached to the property about 6 inches below this old guttering. He didn't seem to be too phased about it but I felt it to be too close to working nearby, especially with metal and above.

Anyone had experience of this?

I presume that I need to speak to Western Power (covering my region) about getting the power temporarily switched off. Do you happen to know what cost this is likely to be and what lead time?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220903_172323.jpg
    20220903_172323.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
I've seen them slide protective plastic sleeving over such cables. Your situation may be different

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. I spoke to Western Power first thing Monday morning, they were out at 1.00pm that same day. I haven't been to look but have apparently fitted insulating sleeves over the cables. So, the guttering work can still go ahead later in the week thankfully.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back