Need Venetian blinds for wooden French doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, I have two French doors which open outwards and require blinds. The French doors have 8 panes of glass and an arch at the top.

They look like this:

Internal-French-Doors-Wickes-Newland-Glazed-Pine-8-Lite-Internal-French-Doors-1981mm-x-1170mm~G1850_208500_00

I need blinds which aren't going to swing away as the doors are opened and can accomodate the curve at the top.

From the research I have done, it seems like the types designed are really only suitable for UPVC doors rather than wooden ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
I believe that you can buy brackets that prevent the bottom swinging out?

What about using perfect fit blinds a bit bigger than your glazing and make a beading frame on outside of blinds to cover side of blind frame, the clips will be hidden by beading.

Thanks for your replies. I liked the look of the perfect fit blinds but when you look them up, it says:

Cleverley utilising the otherwise redundant space between glass surface and the depth of the glazing bead, Perfect Fit Blinds™ are the complete solution when it comes to the majority of UPVC windows, doors and conservatories.
This indicates that they are not designed for single glazed, wooden doors?

Sponsored Links
Just used standard wood blinds on mine , they have spring clips at the base to hold them to the door.

(There is nothing in the text above which suggests they cannot be used for timber doors ?)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that.

In relation to the perfect fit system, wooden doors don't have a glazing bead that can be manipulated in the same way as plastic UPVC which is where my concern stems from.

In relation to the perfect fit system, wooden doors don't have a glazing bead that can be manipulated in the same way as plastic UPVC which is where my concern stems from.

Thats why charlie george was suggesting forming some sort of picture frame to replicate the 4 beads on a window, the perfectfit blind clips could tuck under this bead then.

@Charlie George - at least I knew what you meant

yes crank39 thanks thats exactly what i meant, you coud'nt have blinds in each individual glazed panel,it would take 20 mins to open/close.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back