Needing a laugh? But serious problem - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok,

This is related to a previous post.

It appears that i have a blockage in the primary coil of my unvented cylinder. I know this as I have taken off the inlet and outlet pipes of the coil. The feed pipe is clear and the return is to.

I cant blow through the coil - or suck - used a wet vac to do so.

In my stupidity - I pushed some think plastic "wire" into the coil thinking I could dislodge the blockage or prove the coil was free as the "wire" would exit the other end of the coil. The "wire" btw is that used in industrial strimmers.

Anyway you've guessed it, the wire is now firmly stuck in the coil and will not pull out.

Any helpful ideas?

C

Sponsored Links
If the coil is that blocked (solid?) then just leave the wire and get a new cylinder. You could perhaps, as an exercise, put the cylinder on it's side in the garage and dose the coil with something to dissolve the scale - then leave to soak for months :unsure:

if the coile is that blocked you will struggle, it is fecked anyway so you cant really do more harm, there will only be a blockage , the whole coil will not be blocked, if you can get something like an old fashioned curtain wire and push it in the coil till it cant move then cut it and connect it to a cordless drill and gently try and force it through the blockage, if you can get it through then you can use chemicals to clean it , but they wont work if you cant get a flow of some sort going

Sponsored Links
Update.

Wife had the idea of heating the water via the immersion as it might expand the coil or soften the plastic wire.

Yet right.....

It worked.!!!

Simples really.

Just got to unblock the cool now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back