Neff dishwasher s54m45x0gb help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dishwasher is playing up. It is not heating the water and the cycle goes on and on and on.

From what I can find it may be the instant hot water unit or possibly the temperature sensor.

I have taken the bottom off and have stuck a multimeter on either end of what looks like the element sticking out the end of the heating unit. No buzz. Does that mean its knackered? or is there some sort of internal switch.

I cant find the temp sensor to check. Any idea where that is?

Also, if I need to remove the heater unit to change it how does it come out. The 3 screws holding it in place seem ok but it is the connection to the pump that I cant work out. There is a metal clip on the pump end of the short rubber tube which I cant work out how to undo.

The heating unit looks like this:

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/dishwashers/bosch/heater-element/57117.htm?m=156440#

With much thanks.

Sponsored Links
In addition to the above, my multimeter says there is 240 DC across the terminals. I presume this means that everything else (including the notoriously poor PCB) is working and it is the heating unit that is knackered.

Is this likely to be the case?

240v DC across the heater element terminals :eek:.....you mean AC right?
Heater element is O/C. New instantaneous water heater unit required.

Sponsored Links
240v DC across the heater element terminals :eek:.....you mean AC right?
Heater element is O/C. New instantaneous water heater unit required.

First time that I've used a multimeter so my mistake.

Thanks for this. Will get one ordered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back