Neff integrated dishwasher - can they have slide fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my Neff s5443x2gb looks to have finally given up the ghost and my fault finding hasn't worked. What i am most confused about is how it has been fitted into the row of cabinets. It has a gap underneath, and there are two adjustable feet at the front but they are not weight bearing - if I screw these up the machine is essentially floating, so must be fixed to the cabinets either side.

How can this be? All I have found in the manual is what looks like an integrated fixing bracket, but that only holds it in place - not weight bearing?

I need to replace with a similar model also with a large gap underneath (don't ask - central heating drain is located in a hole in the floor under where the dishwasher now lives). Is this feature particular to Neff?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Typically integrated dishwashers have 3 feet - two at the front and one at the back, the back one being operated by a long threaded bar accessible at the front centre of the machine below the door.
Additionally two small brackets either side at the top corners, visible when the door is open. Their purpose is to secure the machine between the cabinets and stop it moving forwards when the door is opened.
All of the 3 legs are weight bearing - if you have loosened the front ones the machine is hanging on the small brackets either side which is likely to cause damage.

there are no other legs apart from the two plastic ones at the front that I have screwed up right now so have no weight. there are also no other visible screws apart from 2 each side that seem to be part of the gasket fitting - even with these removed it doesn't move any more apart from the few mm of play that was there previously.

there is a large nut right in the centre front but from the arrows either side it appears to be an adjustment for horizontal tilt (?) and not related to the fitting.

Sponsored Links
Mystery solved - I contacted the fitter who popped round and then remembered when moving it previously the back legs broke, so it was screwed into the adjoining cabinets :rolleyes:. It still isn't clear how, but he will return to assist when i have the new one delivered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back