Neff oven electrical connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built-in neff oven, when installed (18 years ago) it didn't have a plug but had to be wired in. On the wall a short distance away is a simple red on off switch which isolates the power to the oven. the switch has a red light which is illuminated when the switch is turned on. I have noticed for several months (maybe always been the case) sometimes the red light is a stable fixed light when turned on and other times it flickers (less stable) when on, doesn't appear to have any effect on the operation of the oven but any ideas why? Is it the bulb in the switch or could it be something more, regardless of whether the oven is just showing the time or actually on it flickers.

View media item 48144

Sponsored Links
This seems to be pretty common with older neon indicators. I'm not positive on the exact cause but I belive as the bulbs age their minimum illumination voltage increases and they start to flicker in response variations in the mains supply.

But the flickering will not affect the operation of the oven.
They just do that flickering thing when they get older, a bit like me really!

I have the same problem at home. Eventually it just stopped working.

Nothing to worry about. You could probably remove the switch and remove/isolate it if you really wanted.

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem at home. Eventually it just stopped working.

Nothing to worry about. You could probably remove the switch and remove/isolate it if you really wanted.

the red light or the oven?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back