NEFF Washer/Dryer not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone :)

I own a NEFF V5340X2GB combination washer/dryer, keep getting an error code E 06 which is drainage related. Pump running no probs, drain to sink not blocked. There is obviously something blocking a pipe within the machine.

My question is, does anyone have specific knowledge of this appliance and can tell me the best way into the internal pipework, up through the bottom?, take the front off? or whatever?

Any advice from an appliance service tech would be very gratefully received.

Cheers

Banco :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is that V5340X2GB/06 or 07?
E06 does point to a drain issue. Your pump may run light but it is no guarantee that it will run correctly under load. If your drain hose is clear, plumbing & pump are in order, then you could have something stuck in the sump hose. Remove the back-cover & take off the large black sump hose underneath the drum (runs from drum to pump).

Hey Zipper

Thanks for the reply :LOL: , It's an /07.

I've had it on it's side, removed the bottom cover panel and blew blew air through the drain hose to the sink proving it clear, blew air through the drum side which has cleared the problem for now, but obviously this will re-occur once the blocking material makes it's way back into the drain from the drum.

So you reckon the way in is from the back? No way of getting the front panel off?

thanks

banco

A couple of ways you can do this;
With the removable baseplate off you can access the sump hose by leaning the machine against a wall/stool etc (be careful lying it on its side). Or you can remove the back cover (more restricted access). But you can also remove the front, however it is much more work as you have to remove the lid, soap tray, control panel, outer part of the door bellow, & door switch before you can actually take the front off. Being a washer/dryer a hose runs from the condensation tank to the sump hose. This hose (and the tank it comes from) can also get blocked over time. I would remove the sump hose & check that out first (there is likely an eco ball in the large diameter end of the hose). Back to the drain pump; when you turned it by hand was there a noticeable magnetic resistance & was there any up/down slack on the impellor?

Sponsored Links
Hi Zipper

Thanks very much for your assistance with this, there was no noticeable magnetic resistance when I turn the pump impeller, in fact it spins quite freely, also there is no up down movement. I asked about the front cover because the securing clamp screw head on the large black drum drain is facing the front.

As I said previously, the machine is working fine now after blowing the pipework through which has obviously dislodged the blockage, there is no doubt though it will find it's way back again.

Can you enlighten me on what an eco ball is?

Thanks again

Banco

The drain pump is a "magnetic type" & you should feel a very noticeable magnetic resistance every 1/4 turn. If it turns freely without any magnetic resistance at all then it is history. Neff (which is actually Bosch) list the pump, filter & housing as a complete unit & it will set you back an amazing £87. If possible post a couple of photos of the pump motor & I'll check if there is a workaround. I am pretty sure the pump motor is an Askoll type, which you ought to be able to buy "stand-alone" for around £20.
An eco ball is a plastic ball that prevents detergent from entering the sump hose/pump in the initial fill phase, providing a more economical wash & thereby helping to save the planet (or so they say). I usually throw the things away if I have to take off a sump hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back