Neg Head Shower Pump Issue

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi All.. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with this one.....

I have a Stuart Turner Monsoon N1.5 Neg Head Pump fitted for a small Shower Room in my Attic. The pump works perfectly, but has never delivered 100% correctly from the time of install which was in 2012. The pump is located in the boiler house/utility room on the ground floor of the house. (so the piping run would be about 5 metres height with a lateral run along the attic of about 3 metres.)

The issue(s) are, from time to time the pump will not switch on when called for. In the past, the cold feed when called for from either the tap or shower, operated the pump and with the pump running the hot would also work. The hot would never work on its own when called for (the hot water cylinder is located beside the pump on the ground floor). The contents of the shower room are: hot and cold taps for the sink, a toilet and a shower with an overhead 'rainfall' outlet and a hand held outlet. Water pressure is fine when working although it could be stronger from the shower head, but i just put that down to the type of head that it is.

Lately, the pump will not switch on at all for the shower, taps or to refill the toilet cistern after flushing. I need to operate the hot tap in the middle floor bathroom to call the in the pump. Once it is running or has been off for a short period of time, the Attic shower, taps and toilet will all work fine.

To date, I have changed out the pressure vessel for a new one (as the pump sometimes operates on its own for a couple of seconds). I have cleaned the filters and tested the non-return valves all of which are working. I've bled the system for air and have checked the system for any leaks. I have also tested the Electrical components, all of which are working fine.

I am just wondering if i need a larger pump to create the initial inertia to start the pump in the Attic?. Im not too sure on this, as it did work with the cold feed and was working for a long time. It is only recently that the pump isn't responding to the Attic outlets.

Any Help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back