Neighbour broken UVPC multipoint locking door please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a delivery that was coming whilst I was out so gave my keys to my neighbour to so the delivery could take place. Door was fine before and not sticking. Got back to find that the neighbour had only pushed the door shut so it was shut on the latch. I then tried to lock the door on the multipoint locking only to find the outside handle just spins round and round rather than engaing the deadlocks. The inside handle works fine just the outside handle has been broken. It seems to have a strange arrangement on the spindle which I assume is so that the door can be shut on the latch but not opened from the outside. How do I repair the lock? Note the handles are sprung. I assume that numpty neighbour forced the handle rather than unlocking then realised that it needs to be unlocked first which he then done and then only if you winf the handle on tight can you unlock the shotbolts

Sorry should have said it is a union mechanism with a split spindle.

Attached are some photos of the component parts.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Had another think, unfortunately the house is an investment property so not actually living in there so cannot get roung there to confirm. At the end of the split splindle there is a sping that is fully depressed and is quite twisted and messed up. I assume that this creates a gap that allows the inside part of the door mechanism to work independantly of the front. I assume the door lock mechanism is indeed split fron to back with one half working the front the other the back. So guess I need to confirm that the mechanism is still working independantly and then somehow sourcing a spindle which I am struggling with. The spindle is in 4 parts a threaded bolt with a square end (same profile as spindle and about 3mm thick), the compressed and runied spring, part 1 of sindle and part 2 of spindle.I reckon if I can get a spring I can fix it (but have no springs).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back