Neighbour having wall built with run off that could enter my garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure how to approach this, neighbour having a wall built with a brick missing so water can run off onto my drive and it may run into my garage, where do i stand legally, and how do I approach this with the neighbor, without falling out over it.
IMG_4141.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4139.jpg
    IMG_4139.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 134
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why did they need the hole if there is an aco the other side where the hole is?

Ask him what the hole is for and take it from there. What happened when it rained before the wall was built?

What happened when it rained before the wall was built?

I would guess both sides were level, therefore each side dealt with there own water. Since when block paving has been laid, aiming to drain water towards the wall and the op's property.

I see your drive is running towards your house. Where does the water on your side drain to when it rains?

The second pic shows the aco drain in line with the downpipe. Does that empty into the drain, on their side, and any rainwater will also go that way?

Or is there no drain that side? Where did their downpipe drain before?

Why did they need the hole if there is an aco the other side where the hole is?
I agree, the aco should run the water towards their drain the hole shouldn’t be required. We are due some rain this week will monitor and film the flow of water from their property, thanks for your reply.

Is it possible that the hole has been left in a kindly way to prevent a puddle forming on your side of the wall by draining into the Acco? Tip a bucket of water there and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back