Neighbour having wall built with run off that could enter my garage.

Just politely point out that they seem to have missed a brick. It looks to be in line with their acco, which presumably drains the other way towards their downpipe - they probably interrupted the brickwork to span over it and forgot to make good.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the hole has been left in a kindly way to prevent a puddle forming on your side of the wall by draining into the Acco? Tip a bucket of water there and see what happens.
On that slope, if it puddles enough to run through that brick gap, they're going to need wellies while watching telly.

On that slope, if it puddles enough to run through that brick gap, they're going to need wellies while watching telly.
Y totally agree, but I do wonder if that was the intent, rather than a drain out through the wall. One would presume the downpipe has a gully, so it would be a bit weird to not have the paving flowing towards the gully.

It looks like there should have been a gulley on the OP's side, where their downpipe is.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't mind betting they left the gap because they CBA to connect the Aco to a drain so left the gap as an overflow. Judging by the brickwork it was a DIYer masquerading as a pro. Personally I'd block it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back