neighbours conservatory clear windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
who would i contact to get a legal opinion on whether its perfectly legal or not to have clear glass on the party wall side

Try one of those errrr .... Solicitors - who tend to be good for legal advice

After you have paid them, post back here to see if it's any different to post #4

Sponsored Links
doing a house up my friend :LOL: but this situation is now back on the agenda and needs sorting out ok with you ? :)

Simply put, you cannot make them have frosted glass.

You can however erect your own free standing screen upto 2m high.
There is some nice reed screening available at the sheds for this.

While having a chat with them you can sugegst that your going to do this, comletely blocking out the light on that end - unless of course they want to put some opaque film on the windows instead. :)

ok mattylad if that is the legal answer then fair enough i would have to put a 2 metre fence up if they wont fit obscure film etc... :)

Sponsored Links
yeah ok guys...on the other hand how would i find out or who would i contact to get a legal opinion on whether its perfectly legal or not to have clear glass on the party wall side & what action i can take to enforce proceedings to have the neighbours fit frosted glass etc if it turns out to be illegal cheers again

Has the conservatory been there for more than 4 years? If so there's nothing you can do legally. If not ask the planning department to investigate. Although be prepared for getting nowhere with that. Or you could avoid the hassle and just put up a 2m high fence/wall.

This is a hilarious thread. Yer man George here starts bleating on in his OP about the fact that the neighbours if not prepared to frost the windows should pull their blinds down. Then to top it off he says in his next post that he keeps the blinds open on his own French doors but that is his choice - so George is allowed to make a choice but not the neighbours!!

You sound like a swell neighbour George. Have to say if I was your neighbour and you started telling/asking me to frost my glass or keep my blinds down (but hey I am not prepared to do the same!!) I know where I would be telling you to go.

No planning regs broken by having clear glass in a conservatory :rolleyes: and if you didnt like it you shouldnt have bought the house. As stated here the only route you have is screening. If you are still convinced that you can force them to keep their blinds shut or frost the glass go and ask your local planning office - they will be happy to clarify.

...on the other hand how would i find out or who would i contact to get a legal opinion on whether

Since it seems to be so important to you and you do not want to listen to what you have been told, then go to a solicitor

You say that the neigbours can see into your NEW french doors!! Is there no frosted glass in your doors which are facing there conservatory.

no maltaron my french doors face my back garden :LOL: mountain so i dont want to listen ? read my post properly sonshine i asked for an opinion which most are valid apart from yours maltaron and the idiot simon anderson lol what a pratt :LOL:

start by askling the person who
told it is a legal requirement that this pane of glass should be misted etc to maintain my dwellings privacy
and ask what causes him to think that.

It's very hard to prove the non-existence of something.

yeah ok guys...on the other hand how would i find out or who would i contact to get a legal opinion on whether its perfectly legal or not to have clear glass on the party wall side & what action i can take to enforce proceedings to have the neighbours fit frosted glass etc if it turns out to be illegal cheers again

Why don't you just put up a tall bit of trellis and grow some ivy on it ? Job done !
Simon.

no maltaron my french doors face my back garden :LOL: mountain so i dont want to listen ? read my post properly sonshine i asked for an opinion which most are valid apart from yours maltaron and the idiot simon anderson lol what a pratt :LOL:

Sure George keep talking you just dig it deeper. Pot and kettles!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back