Neighbours noisy boiler, what are my rights? Any advice?

Sponsored Links
As a "nice neighbour" I suggest you should write a paper letter to your neighbour advising that her faulty boiler is causing a nuisence and asking her to get it sorted out. Keep a copy and give it to the EHO. That will demonstrate that you are a "nice neighbour" and have tried to be reasonable.

By the sound of it she does not work and lives on the social. Is that the case?

Keep us informed of how you get on.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi rather than contacting the council which can cause problems should you want to sell your house perhaps you could offer to help with the cost of a service for the boiler, it may not be an ideal solution but probably better than all the stress it seems to be causing you hope this helps Paul.

rather than contacting the council which can cause problems should you want to sell your house perhaps you could offer to help with the cost of a service for the boiler
Unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances with the person involved, why in hell's name would anyone feel obliged to do that :eek: If your going to contribute to the cost of fixing any appliance that makes a noise because it’s old/dilapidated/needs servicing, you can come live next door to me if you like :LOL:

i once got so annoyed with my neighbours heating system/boiler which was kettling and making whistling noises, as well as the pump going ballistic that i knocked on the door and offered to drain down, flush, refill and bleed and balance the system F.O.C. i was swiftly taken up on the offer and after a few hours labour i was able to get a decent nights sleep once again.

Hi rather than contacting the council which can cause problems should you want to sell your house perhaps you could offer to help with the cost of a service for the boiler, it may not be an ideal solution but probably better than all the stress it seems to be causing you hope this helps Paul.

A service is a service. If it has faults, it will likley need more than a service. Could get expemsive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back