neighbours objections.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been granted planning permission for a pitched roof over my garage and a small extension to bring the back of the garage out to the neighbours existing extension. Their existing build which was put up before either of us lived here is sitting at least 4.5 inches over my boundary, the previous owner also put the fence line to match his extension. This makes the pitched roof appear to be sitting above the neighbours extension and although making no objections to planning the neighbouris now trying to refuse my planned build because of the appearence.
question 1. Can she object after agreeing to the plans?
question 2. If planning permission for the build next door had been given would they have been able to build on our land?
question 3. If we cannot resolve our issues have i got the right to reclaim my land?

Sponsored Links
Planning permission has been granted. They can't object now. However, they could cause you grief, which is a different matter. You may also want to look into a party all agreement or something in writing that is agreed between yourselves that stipulates any cracks/damage that are caused by your works to their building(s) will be put right (within reason).

And planning permission is NOT normally granted where the proposals oversail the boundary line. This can happen quite frequently where proposed walls are built reasonably close to the boundary but the gutters/downpipes are infact the culprits. However, the planning department would have taken this into consideration before recommending the works for approval.

1 No
2 No
3 See two recent threads - one in the Building and one Garden section on boundary issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back