Neighbours soil above damp proof course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our house has a single skin brick shed attached to it, the previous owners turned it into some sort of utility room and painted it and we've got similar ambitions.

One thing I have noticed however is the neighbours property is higher up than ours and the soil comes up above the damp proof course and as far as I'm aware it's been like that for as long as the house existed... or at least as long as I have existed.

I'm wondering if there is any sort of thing out there that I can paint onto the inside of the shed to prevent the moisture seeping inwards?

(Preferably something I can subsequently paint over, but that's not essential)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Not the best move really.....is there any way the soil level can be lowered?
There are compounds that could be painted on - and they do work well for what they are - but the problem needs sorting from ground level.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I figured this was probably the case, that I was just looking for a sneaky shortcut bodge-job solution...

Seems popping around and seeing if I could dig out around the shed would be the best option as you have both mentioned - cheaper too...

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back