Neighbour's waste pipes creating grey water flood against our wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neighbour's kitchen drainage pipes routinely fall apart emptying a few loads every day of dishwasher, washing machine, kitchen sink water onto a paved path in their garden. The water floods their path and lays against our garden wall and is no doubt causing some damage and is certainly eroding the mortar. This has been going on for a few years and I have grown weary of politely asking them to reconnect their pipes and receiving the associated curt responses. Some how I need to protect my property and the first line of protection of my garden wall.

Sponsored Links
Tricky.

Probably the only quick solution would be ask if you can go round and fix it yourself.

Call environmental health department, and (hopefull) they'll have a chat with them. Otherwise, you send them a polite letter saying that if the fail to fix the pipe, to stop any further issues, then you reserve the right take legal action against them to repair any damage caused by their negligence.

But 9 times out of 10, you just have to hit the roof at them, stand your ground, and tell them to fix the effing thing before you do something they'll regret.

Offer to nip round and fit a small self tapping screw on each joint..

Sponsored Links
He is a builder....apparently... :/ Wondering whether it is on purpose...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back