Nest 3rd gen heat link USB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What is the USB C cable attachment for with these heat links? they have to be mains wired dont they, if so why have connection for a cable?

thanks

Sponsored Links
You are right the Heat link is mains powered, and I have often wondered about its USB port. I believe that it's there for diagnostics / troubleshooting by Nest support...

...or, maybe to allow the installer to charge his mobile phone during commissioning. :)

I think it’s also used as a power source should you not have a current room thermostat.

Sponsored Links
That link refers to the USB port on the Thermostat, not the one on the Heat link.

I think it’s also used as a power source should you not have a current room thermostat.
The Heat link requires a 230V supply AFAIK it can't be powered via the USB, but would be interesting to find out. Were you thinking of the Thermostat which can be powered / charged via USB?

The OP asked about the USB port on the Heat link.

pic.jpg

Last edited:
That link refers to the USB port on the Thermostat, not the one on the Heat link.

The Heat link requires a 230V supply AFAIK it can't be powered via the USB, but would be interesting to find out. Were you thinking of the Thermostat which can be powered / charged via USB?

The OP asked about the USB port on the Heat link.

View attachment 209412

Yes I was, :oops:, should have gone to specsavers :LOL:

yes i know what its for on the nest itself, but not so sure about the heat link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back