Nest 3rdGen & Vaillant ecotec exl 385

kzl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just connected Nest Thermostat 3rd Gen to my Vaillant using this diagram:
Boiler wiring.png

Am I able to connect Thermostat to the wall wiring by replacing my old thermostat:
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 20.08.15.png

Or does it have to be connected to the usb power?
TIA

Sponsored Links
If the Vaillant is wireless (looks it to me) then usb, if it’s wired, then you should be able to swap.

Thank you. Vaillant is wired, at the back of nest says not to connect it to 230V power therefore wasn't sure if I can replace it. Anyway seems it's not responding at all anyway so need to check the wiring again or i'm doing something else wrong

Sponsored Links
You’ve got the eBus still connected and a 230v room stat connection. So unfortunately you can’t wire it, unless you take a separate wire from heat link to the Nest, so would have to be the usb otherwise.

Thank you. So seems like the heating isn’t working. I can hear boiler making clicking noise (starting up) when I turn the heating up with nest or turn it down but radiators aren’t getting hot at all. What could be the reason for that?

Have you removed the eBus wiring? (Black and grey on left hand side)

I have not. I didn’t realise I have to. Only removed the rt. I’ll try tomorrow. Should that fix the problem? Tia

Yes, otherwise it’s still looking for this.

As @CBW says, you will have to disconnect the Ebus or the boiler will constantly look for the old controller

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Just only managed to fix it today. Done as you guys adviced and it all finally seems to be working. Thank you for your time and help!

A little bit of polite advice , if you need help post pics of what you actually have not a web found pic of someone elses, if you had posted a pic of yours before asked to , it would have been sorted immediately :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back