Nest 3rd Gen & Ideal Logic+ System 30

Hi Phil, I'm not sure if you ever found a solution to your problem but I found your thread when searching for Ideal System boilers that have separate control for CH and DHW. Most / all the Ideal boilers have an SL1 and SL2, but if you look at the wiring diagrams (not sure if accurate) some just common together the SL1 and SL2 so basically are just a wiring terminal 'help'. Others and it would appear to the Vouge and the Logic + (that you have) show separate control destinations for SL1 and SL2, to allow the boiler to operate at different temperature depending if the call for heat is from CH or DHW. Based on videos I've seen you can use these in conjunction with Opentherm. You need to change the 'plan' to Domestic Hot Water Priority or X Plan and use a NO valve on the CH circuit. I've just bought a NEST stat to do this. HTH.

Sponsored Links
Hi Phil, I'm not sure if you ever found a solution to your problem but I found your thread when searching for Ideal System boilers that have separate control for CH and DHW. Most / all the Ideal boilers have an SL1 and SL2, but if you look at the wiring diagrams (not sure if accurate) some just common together the SL1 and SL2 so basically are just a wiring terminal 'help'. Others and it would appear to the Vouge and the Logic + (that you have) show separate control destinations for SL1 and SL2, to allow the boiler to operate at different temperature depending if the call for heat is from CH or DHW. Based on videos I've seen you can use these in conjunction with Opentherm. You need to change the 'plan' to Domestic Hot Water Priority or X Plan and use a NO valve on the CH circuit. I've just bought a NEST stat to do this. HTH.
Hi cliff,
Did you have any luck with this? Were you able to set up the Ideal heat boiler to allow two temperatures, one for CH via OpenTherm and one for DHW without?

Hi Chris, yes I did. I uploaded circuit diagrams to the urbanplumbers yt channel. Basically you use a combination of OT for CH and SL2 live overrides for 80degree DHW. No connection on SL1. All working great apart from short cycling on CH when room set temperature is reached because boiler doesn't modulate down quickly enough or to low enough output.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back