Nest 3rd Gen with Worcester 40CDi - Pump always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just had installed a Nest 3rd Gen thermostat so I can control my heat remotely, on my 12 year old Worcester Bosch 40CDi Combi Boiler.

Everything appears to be working just fine apart from it seems the heating pump runs continuously 24/7. Im pretty sure this should not happen, so wondering if anyone can shed some light on how I fix this issue as my friend who installed it is also unsure how to fix this.

many thanks for any advice in advance.

Neil

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming you are referring to the circulation pump located inside the boiler.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 082326.jpg

If so, that pump is controlled by the boiler's internal circuits and not the Nest.

All Nest does is tell the boiler that heat is required which you say it is doing. Then the PCB inside the boiler then looks after all of the boiler's internal functions. Diverter / Gas Valve / Ignition / Pump / etc.,

Are there any other external controls fitted to the boiler? Frost Thermostat? Weather Compensation etc.,

Maybe one of the RGI's on here who is familiar with the intricacies of your particular boiler and has come across this before maybe able to assist.

can you post a pic of the wiring both at the nest end and the boiler end

I'm assuming you are referring to the circulation pump located inside the boiler.

View attachment 324917

If so, that pump is controlled by the boiler's internal circuits and not the Nest.

All Nest does is tell the boiler that heat is required which you say it is doing. Then the PCB inside the boiler then looks after all of the boiler's internal functions. Diverter / Gas Valve / Ignition / Pump / etc.,

Are there any other external controls fitted to the boiler? Frost Thermostat? Weather Compensation etc.,

Maybe one of the RGI's on here who is familiar with the intricacies of your particular boiler and has come across this before maybe able to assist.
Thanks for the reply. There is a TP200 timer on the front of the boiler, which obviously i am no longer using or is the original worcester room stat now connected to it.

And yes its the circulation pump thats running all night thats my issue.

Neil

Sponsored Links
The TP200 will only switch the heating on/off so again won't directly control the pump. If you do as suggested by @ianmcd and post a couple of photos it might help us spot something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back