Nest - Call for heat not working, but hot water is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I only used two...Nest never mentions what to do with your old wiring.

Just a hint....make sure you when you drop the wires behind the wall you attach a wire incase you need to grab them back.

Sponsored Links
Called nest installer....

Everything was wired up correctly...

But.... when i added nest thermostat I just taped up old wires and held in place behind wall. They needed to be joined then hidden. They gave power to somewhere else.

ANSWER : Join existing thermostat in living room wires together when replacing with nest.....

Thanks for your help... anyway....
I believe I only used two...Nest never mentions what to do with your old wiring.

Just a hint....make sure you when you drop the wires behind the wall you attach a wire incase you need to grab them back.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for the confusion, actually my heating is working..but hotwater is not working.. here is the link to my drawings //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/n...-potterton-ep2002-installation-advice.471560/ Thanks for your help.

I am facing the same problem. I have prt100 thermostat. Should I connect all the three wires and put them behind the wall ? Or only two. Please help. Thanks
You can't just stuff live wires into a wall. Find where the stat cable is wired back to, fully disconnect it, and put a link where the old stats live and switched live wires were.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back