Nest e Thermostat wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to swop out a SalusRXRT500 wireless receiver for the nest e heat link, the salus has 4 wires connected marked NO Com L N the boiler is a combi, can anyone tell me which wires are connected and which are isolated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
SalusRXRT500

I'v not heard of this model, but I suspect by the wiring connections you describe, that you mean a Salus RT500RF. If so, the Nest e, is battery operated, but the Salus is mains powered, so the 230V power supply for the Salus N and L will not be required by the Nest e and should be isolated / insulated and put safely out of the way.

Then the remaining wires are connected as follows:

Wire in Salus 'NO' = Nest e 'NO'
Wire in Salus 'COM' = Nest e 'C'

NOTE: You may find (depending upon how the Salus was originally installed) that the Salus 'L' and Salus 'COM' have a single wire connected to both terminals by the use of a wire link betwen them. In this case, loose the link and the single wire goes to the Nest e 'C'

If you are unsure of anything post back. A photo of the wires going to the Salus terminals would assist with any further questions.

Hi. Thanks for your reply, isuspected your answer was the way to go. What confused me about my existing setup was the fact that the receiver is wired with a 4 cable lead and the original installer has used the earth coloured cable to connect to the NO connector, he probably knew why he used that but confusing for anyone following later.

When it comes to heating systems, green / yellow wires are often used as live wire, usually out of lazyness when an additional cable should really be installed.

It's not ideal, and it does cause confusion. As a minimum the wire should have a brown sleeve fitted over it.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Thanks again. Yes that was my thought as well, would have been better to sleeve it. Did try to post a picture of the receiver wiring but could not work out how. I am an old man so a bit behind with techy things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back