Nest Gen 3 Installation with Baxi Combi MaxFlow WM Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping to install the Nest Gen 3 on my Baxi Combi MaxFlow WM Bolier.

So far I have found the following guide on this forum for a similar boiler (i.e. it has the same wiring requirements from what I can tell) https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/nest-thermostat-and-baxi-combi-105e.416527/ . The only reason I have raised a new query is that this related to a Gen 2 Nest, and the installation booklet seems to give different wiring diagrams to what is now included in the Gen 3.

I have mocked up the wiring diagram using the previous forum thread as below (I understand I may even be better wiring the N and L to the supply side, so before the 2a fuse?)

qI4CCTi.png

The Nest Gen 3 installation doesn't show this configuration

EdSfWDy.png

Would I go with the low voltage option per the Gen 3 instructions, or would something similar to what I have mocked up work better?

I have included a link to the installation manual of the boiler below, in case that is of assistance.
http://interpart.partsarena.eu/System/DATA/Dx/DS1/installation/S074/I51-S074/I51-S074.htm

Thank you for taking the time to read my query!

Sponsored Links
section 8.7 240v switching

Would how I plan to wire it cover 230v switching? The manual shows an identical terminal block to that of the Baxi Combi 105e, with a Live, Neutral, Earth, "1" and "2". The "1" and "2" wires being for a thermostat, hence why I believe they should go to the heat link, and then the heatlink would also need power, hence the L and N wires.

Sponsored Links
There are several ways to connect it. The connections shown in the diagram you posted is just fine. The N & L would be better on the incoming supply side and don't forget the earth connection.

qI4CCTi.png

I have just purchased the nest gen 3 I am happy that 1 and 2 on the baxi 105e boiler connect to 2 and 3 on the heat link.

However the neutral and live are confusing me, do they connect from the rh side of the terminal block , brown and blue wires? If so do the brown and blue wires stay in the terminal as well and the L and N for the heat link? Or do they need to be removed?

Generally it's better to connect the wires to the incoming side of the terminals ie those labelled 'Live (brown)' and 'Neutral (blue)' shown on the left. All of the existing wires in these terminals need to be left in place.

Thanks, so the existing wires coming into the terminal (3 amp supply) and the L and N for the nest will both be in the same corrosponding holes? As in live and neutral coming in from the 3 amp supply and going out to the nest live and Neutral in the same side and same holes?

Finally is 2 core flex fine for both connections to L and N and 1 and 2?

Yes, although personally I find it easier to wire the Nest Heatlink in solid core. The terminals are quite small and close together so if you do use flex, watch out for any stray whiskers poking out that might cause a short circuit.

There is an earth connection on the Heatlink, but according to the instructions its only required if you are using T1 & T2 to power the thermostat, instead of using a separate power supply.

Capture.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back