Nest Gen 3 problem after router lost power?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the past I have turned off power, with no problems, but yesterday I knocked the power lead out of router, put it back, then started to get cold, looked at thermostat and date was all wrong, and said not connected to internet, and also reported battery getting low, never lost power to Nest, only router, tried to remember how to set up, it was three years ago, opened app on phone, said no connection, when down to boiler, and boiler running even when Thermostat showed not running, opened up phone app again, and then all connected and started to run as normal.

Not a clue why it stopped working or why it started working again, other than router stopping. Kind of worries me, this is not weather to have problems with heating.

Sponsored Links
Did you wait for router to finish getting wi-fi signal? Although I doubt that would give low battery.

Yes waited, phone had wifi back, so did tablet, I assume using the phone to connect to Nest was what finally kicked it back into life, but I had expected it to still work without wifi, the thermostat is hard wired to the base unit, so loss of wifi should not have mattered, and for the date to go to 2017 also odd, can see without wifi would not change BST to UTC but reverting to 2017, that seems odd.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back