Nest hello doorbell chime adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all has anyone installed a nest hello trying to work out what terminals the chime adaptor should connect to?

Any help much appreciated!

Attachments

• DC6F3381-C537-4BCC-8331-B69E81862ED3.jpeg
    DC6F3381-C537-4BCC-8331-B69E81862ED3.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 309
Sponsored Links
Your picture seems to show exactly how it's connected.
3 and 4 is supply from transformer.
0 and 1 is main door push.
0 and 2 is back door push.
Can't understand what the problem, I have had a door bell of similar design since the 1980's although my old door bell also had the option to fit a second speaker. Also you could select the tune for front door bell, but rear door bell was fixed tune. So now I know they are made again I may get one for new house as plastic on old one has faded.

Hi Ericmark thanks for the reply,
The issue is I havnt installed the chime adapter yet for the nest hello doorbell , that is a picture of the existing doorbell

As below is what nest show but I can’t transpose that to my bell box?

Attachments

• 58381CB6-E229-4A2B-9DD3-D54BD6E5967A.jpeg
    58381CB6-E229-4A2B-9DD3-D54BD6E5967A.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 293
Sponsored Links
Your door bell has 4 x 1.5 volt batteries = 6 volt, Nest uses 16 to 24 volt, common in USA but not in UK, so to use Nest in the UK it seems one needs a relay so a 6 volt bell will work on a 24 volt nest.

In your Nest picture the door bell terminals 1 and 2 just connect the wires together, 0F and 3T actually work the door bell. It seems reading the internet instructions people connect a 24 volt relay where it shows 0F and 3T then the relay works the door bell.

When Hive and Nest heating controls first came to UK we had problems, then they released a UK version, I suspect same will happen with their door bell, in time they will likely market a version that has the twin voltage transformer and relay built in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back