Nest Doorbell (Wired) Advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Nest doorbell (wired) to fit, but I'm hoping to get some advice first before having a go.

As attached drawing shows, I have a doorbell wire in place. There is no doorbell currently outside, or chime installed inside.
I have a disconnected 1mm T&E cable which runs from the consumer unit to the area of the chime's anticipated location.
I do not have the chime yet, as I thought I'd ask for advice first and didn't want to get wrong type.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Attachments

• Drawing_1.jpg
    Drawing_1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
You will need a mains transformer - something like this off a Fused switch. You could use an existing lighting cable if you don't want to muck about with the consumer unit.:

You will need a chime - old or new it doesn't matter, unless you want to use a google smart speaker or similar.

However, before you install - make sure you are happy with the subscription for Nest Aware, the doorbell is pretty useless without it. No access to video history, recorded events. Not even limited access.

Last edited:
SPECIFICATION
BrandBritish General
CSU DeviceBell Transformers
Incomer Fitting TypeDIN Rail Mounted
Manufacturer Guarantee1 Year Guarantee
Model NameFortress
Model NoCUB1-01
Output Voltage8-24 V AC
Pack Size1
Pieces in Pack/Case1
Product TypeBell Transformer Module
Rated Operational Voltage (Ue)240 V AC
Suitable Cable Size16 mm²

16 mm² ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back