Nest installation help (with photos)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

was looking for a help in installing my Nest..

At the moment I have:
- A Polypipe thermostat near the water tank (it basically only controls the underfloor heating);
- 3 Polypipe switches (one in each room).

Polypipe Thermostat
http://www.polypipe.com/cms/toolbox/578_PBPRP_RF_User_Guide_A4_Web_v2.pdf

AHKa7wrm.jpg
o8QZMXdm.jpg
X3Rdfr0l.jpg
fVvnG1mm.jpg

Polypipe Switch
GmX9J1Rm.jpg
iTU7oXnm.jpg

Now, the switch is easy: you just unplug it and replace it with the nest, and that's it...

But for the thermostat, I suppose I should install the Nest Heat Link, which I have no idea how to plug..
The actual one has 4 cables: a bridge, a black, a blue and a brown...

Can anyone help me understand how to install it?
I read someone also had issues with the voltage.. Is it something I should worry about?

Thanks a lot!!

Sponsored Links
Its not a dumb question..... persay.

But Nest - having a shiny and new and equally crap version just released - is getting asked on a daily basis. The forum has a search function too.

One does have to suggest though that if you don't understand the wiring diagrams in the books, and stickers on the devices, then should you be fiddling with mains voltages?

If you would like one of the pro's here to install it - it would help to put a location in your profile.

Sponsored Links
I understand the frustration and I apologise..
I've just done what you suggested: Location added :)

But Nest - having a shiny and new and equally crap version just released - is getting asked on a daily basis. The forum has a search function too.

One does have to suggest though that if you don't understand the wiring diagrams in the books, and stickers on the devices, then should you be fiddling with mains voltages?

If you would like one of the pro's here to install it - it would help to put a location in your profile.

All the OP needs to do is punch in his Postcode in their web page to get a Nest Pro installer Dan. It's not a DIY job!!! The reason the hard of thinking DaftyDIYers are on here all the time regarding this, is to save themselves a few bob. But it's a false economy, they fu.k it up & have call in a Pro anyway!!
The Mods should delete Nest threads before someone gets killed.

So...can I just ask how I wire in a Nest controller? <Runs away and hides> ;)

All the OP needs to do is punch in his Postcode in their web page to get a Nest Pro installer Dan. It's not a DIY job!!! The reason the hard of thinking DaftyDIYers are on here all the time regarding this, is to save themselves a few bob. But it's a false economy, they fu.k it up & have call in a Pro anyway!!

Be careful there .... The mod might not like what you put and delete it :ROFLMAO:

Nest is easy and is a DIY job with a little thinking, and taking the time to understand what's going on. At the end of the day it's just a fancy switch. I've installed two 3rd gen ones so far (with little help from certain posters on here!)

Nest is easy and is a DIY job with a little thinking, and taking the time to understand what's going on. At the end of the day it's just a fancy switch. I've installed two 3rd gen ones so far (with little help from certain posters on here!)
Did you have to take off the boiler combustion cover to access the electrics though?

No of course not. I'd never do that as you need a gas safe person to do that. I'm talking about installs that don't need to touch the boiler. Ie DIY Installs.

Be careful there .... The mod might not like what you put and delete it :ROFLMAO:
Well, it was never uncommon for them to delete me in my formative years.

Hmmmmm....why do I get the feeling this subject will run & run???!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back