Replacing Polypipe P2CTC thermostat with HIVE wiring question

Actually its volt free switching with the pb2ctc acting as a relay hence the 2aa batteries...hive dual channel do not have volt free switching. so there ends the tale, nest does.

Sponsored Links
Could you explain please?

Does it mean HIVE receiver in my case won't work?

Sorry yes it won't work ...its in the hive q and a...the dual channel only switches mains voltage. Yours is no voltage..see the diagram, the timer input has little switch drawn in below it, basically the pb2ctc closes that remotely and that switches on the power in the wiring centre...nest does have no voltage connectors.​

What voltage does a Hive receiver operate on?​

that switch​

Apr 13, 2017•FAQ​

Questionswtiches

What voltage does a Hive receiver operate on?​

Answer
Our receivers are supplied from mains (the permanent live switches permanent neutral connections). The single channel receiver has “dry contacts” or “zero volt contacts”, that means it acts like a switch connecting the signal input terminal (shown as “Common” in our install guide) to the normally open (Heating on) or normally closed (heating off) output terminals. This single channel receiver can switch low voltage or mains voltage boiler control signals. The voltage to be switched connects to the Common terminal.

The two channel receiver is mains voltages only. It produces mains output voltages on its heating and hot water on/off terminals.

Sorry that took a while...the polyplumb is missing a few key parts in its mark up.

Sponsored Links
thank you so much for your help!

I am glad I decided to ask for advice instead of trying to connect via channel 1.

Would need to take it back to screwfix now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back