NEST Installation on Oil Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
Sorry to be a nuisance. I know there are several threads. I just want to confirm I'm doing the right thing.

Grant Vortex – ECO Utility 26-35 boiler (Oil Heating)

Danfoss CP 715 HW and Heating Programmer

Honeywell Analogue Thermostat

S Type Wiring System

I would like to install the 3d Gen Nest.

I want to replace my existing Programmer with NEST Heat Link, the nest link would be wired as per attached pic. (Heat Link Connections)

As you can see from this photo. I have used the existing connections from my programmer and I have also added a link from L to 2 and onto 5 on the Heat Link.

I have also identified the thermostat connections in the Wiring Centre.(See attached photo) I will remove these cables from the wiring centre and will use the red and yellow cables to connect to T1 and T2 on the Heat Link to provide power to the thermostat.

I will also add a link between between the red and yellow in the Wiring Centre. The yellow is in a terminal block with the Heating Valve and the red cable is in a terminal block with the Programmer.

Hope this makes sense. Could someone please sanity check the above. Also see attached pics of Thermostat wiring and Programmer.

Thanks

Attachments

• Danfoss CP 715 CH Programmer and Timer.jpg
    Danfoss CP 715 CH Programmer and Timer.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 722
  • Heat Link Connections.jpg
    Heat Link Connections.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 556
  • Thermostat.jpg
    Thermostat.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 497
  • wiring centre.jpg
    wiring centre.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 581
Sponsored Links
I will also add a link between between the red and yellow in the Wiring Centre. The yellow is in a terminal block with the Heating Valve and the red cable is in a terminal block with the Programmer.
I will also add a link between between the red (BLACK?) and yellow in the Wiring Centre. The yellow is in a terminal block with the Heating Valve and the red cable (BLACK?) is in a terminal block with the Programmer.

Thanks for replying, please see attached picture for clarity. Remove the Thermostat Yellow cable from T13 and the thermostat red cable from T10 and then link
T10 and T13 as shown in the pic.

Hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• wiring centre_a.jpg
    wiring centre_a.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 416
Sponsored Links
thanks Hertsboilers, I'm assuming everything else was OK. Im looking to install this weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back