Nest & Potteron Promax HE Store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to install a 3rd gen Nest thermostat and I've run into a slight issue with the complexity of the wiring of my Potterton Promax HE Store.

It's got the programmer (A Horstmann CentaurPlus C27B) "built-in" to the boiler along side the control board which can control hot water and central heating. Outside of the boiler, there's a Potterton PRT2 manual thermostat on the wall for just the central heating.

Here's a pic of the control board;
20211027_235546.jpg
And the programmer next to it;
20211027_235552.jpg
The PRT2 is wired up as follows;
20211030_212419.jpg
And the terminal block wiring diagram on the back plate of the control board;
20211027_235721.jpg

So, terminal 1 (grey cable) goes to 5 (N) on PRT2.
Terminal 2 (black) goes to 3 (H).
Brown live goes to 2 (COM) and there's a bridge between that and 4.

As best I can tell from the Nest's own wiring diagram;

nesthl.png

Terminal 1, grey cable, goes to N.
Terminal 2, black cable, switched live or call for heat, so that goes to 3.
Brown live goes to L. And then according to the nest manual I can bridge L & 2 since it operates a mains voltage.

If I've got that totally wrong please do give me a slap and correct me so I don't blow something up.

Edit: Hot water too much hassle, can't be bothered to try and figure it out.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OK so I'm not going to bother wiring it up for hot water, assuming it was even possible. I don't need it, I just thought it'd be a bonus if I got that connected to the Nest. I'll just have CH connected to it. Perhaps someone could confirm if I've got the CH wiring correct though just in case. Thanks.

yes you are correct, you are basically using the nest as an external room thermostat, you will still control the HW using the boiler controls

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back