Fitting Hive for use with Potterton Promax Store

G

Gigss

Hi all. I'm thinking of getting a Hive kit to install in my home and would appreciate some advice about if the full setup would work with my current system as I can't really find when googling anyone who has the boiler I have and has fitted Hive.

I have a Potterton Promax Store boiler (user guide for it is found here). That has an integral programmer on the front of the boiler that controls both hot water and central heating, and there's a simple dial thermostat in the room that controls when the CH comes on (Potteron PRT2).

Now the way I understand it, the Hive thermostat will simply replace the existing PRT2 thermo easily enough but it's the Hive receiver I'm dubious about. I expect I need the dual channel receiver, but will that be able to integrate (or replace) the existing programmer that's on the boiler?

Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
Time is running out on a BGas 50% off Hive active heating + a free Alexa Echo dot and free installation .

This offer is part of the Rewards that you get if you have boiler cover with them. It's worth a look ASAP

Sponsored Links
Good. I can only hope that means you'll stop wasting my time by responding with spam and childish retorts.

Edit: Actually forget it, based on that other thread you're all a bunch of unhelpful idiots anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good. I can only hope that means you'll stop wasting my time by responding with spam and childish retorts.

Edit: Actually forget it, based on that other thread you're all a bunch of unhelpful idiots anyway.
That's it, start throwing insults, that'll get people to help you (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back