Nest turns off boiler when calling for hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had a nest thermostat 3rd Gen fitted when I had a Worcester Bosch boiler installed (Regular system with tank in loft and immersion heating in cupboard)
Everything worked fine for a few weeks but then a couple of weeks ago noticed the boiler had gone off and wasn't resetting. After a bit of investigation I've now got it so that it can run the heating system no problem working to the nest scheduler but if I turn on the hot water using the boost it turns the boiler off and it won't restart until the HW was set to off, this also happens when the HW is called using the scheduler on the nest.
The system worked fine for a few weeks on CH and HW but it may have happened when I first used the boost function on the thermostat.
Both the plumber and electrician have been back, plumber says there's nothing wrong with the boiler (fair enough it's still running the CH so appears OK) the electrician says there's nothing wrong with the Nest. I called Nest and they're saying it's a wiring problem but I can't understand how it would have worked for a few weeks if it hadn't been wired correctly.

I'm confused and stuck in limbo with everyone saying it's not their problem and no logical explanation. The only thing I can think is the boost function has turned a relay which has now affected the HW scheduling circuits causing the glitch.
Anyone any ideas on what the cause is and a solution for it?

Sponsored Links
I would initially agreed with nest that its a wiring issue. Can you post some pictures of the wiring to each component involved? What model boiler do you have? Have you or the electrician/plumber tried to run the HW without the nest?

I would initially agreed with nest that its a wiring issue. Can you post some pictures of the wiring to each component involved? What model boiler do you have? Have you or the electrician/plumber tried to run the HW without the nest?

At work now but will try and get some photo's tonight.
The hot water works by using the immersion heater but not sure how to work it without the Nest. If the CH is off it doesn't work just on HW via the Nest.

Logic says it's a wiring issue but I can't fathom out how it worked OK for a few weeks initially

Sponsored Links
Read your posts a couple of times now, no please or thank you anywhere.
I'm out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back