Netaheat 10/16E gas valve

Sponsored Links
hi,i have a netaheat gas valve 25k49h-49 also has a part number 907219
bgc no 392811. 01932 401716

HI there,

This is what I know about the current gas valve we have:

The current Gas Valve in the Potterton NetaHeat 10/16 S/N: GUK048932 has the following markings:
WR Gas Valve

On the Gas Valve’s Sticker!!!:
Type 25K49H-49
240 V.A.C. 50 HZ.
.040 AMPS.
MAX PRESS. 50 mbars.
MADE IN U.S.A. 402872
E3 153-1359

Will yours be a good replacement?

We have been quoted £2k to replace the boiler as the part is no longer available, but I'm determined to find it!

Is your part a new part? Or is it used? How much would it cost with postage to london?

THanks,
Leanne

Looking at all the posts I might be looking for the impossible. Does anyone have a gas valve for a Potterton Netaheat 10/16? The GC no of the front panel is 4160167.

Sponsored Links
Bengasman

I didn't want to hijack you. I thought as this thread was so old you would be sorted by now.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new bolier. It looks like these valves are as rare as hens teeth

I have just found a 29K49H-47 under the computer table! And complete with mercury switch!

It is used but as far as I know its working. However we normally keep rare parts for our own customers where we fit them ourselves so we can be sure they are operating correctly. I would only supply gas parts to a registered engineer.

GG

I did not say that it was "illegal" to use secondhand parts. I said it was illegal under the GSUR for an RGI to use "repaired" parts because they had not been approved by the manufacturer's.

Tony

Thanks for replying to my post. I am in Rugby so it is probably a bit far for you to come.

If you are willing to sell the part I have a gas engineer who can fit it. He has tried to find one locally but hasn't been sucessful.

You can either call me on 07977 496996 or drop me an email.

Regards

Steve

Hi if you have a Neta-Heat 10/16 electronic boiler the gas valve is now unavailable, but if you have a Mk2F boiler the valve is still available, this is the one with the Mercury switch, funny enough this is the oldest of the two.

Hi, yet another person looking in vain for a gas valve for the potterton netaheat 10/16, part number: 907219.

and I am willing to hijack :)

Just checked my stock and all I have is a brand new 905371 which is for the Mk 2 Netaheat. Not much help to you I'm afr aid but if anyone else is interested.............................
hi i have a netaheat mk 2 10/16 in need of gas valve please can you call 01865821082 and leave your phone no thanks DAVE

no thanks Dave!

Lots of people want these as they are virtually unobtainable as you will see from previous comments.

We try to keep spare parts for obsolete boilers but only use them for our own customers.

Even if we did supply any gas parts we would need proof that they were going to be installed by a registered engineer.

Tony Glazier

...Even if we did supply any gas parts we would need proof that they were going to be installed by a registered engineer.

Tony Glazier

That will definitely stop the hassle of having to sell parts.

Hi

Just in case anyone knows where I can purchase a Netaheat electronic 10/16 gas control valve p/n - 907219. I have read this thread but it is worth the ask before spending £000's replacing a good boiler.

Many thanks

Marcus

How can the boiler be any good if its not working?

Netaheat is perhaps 55% efficient but a new condensing boiler over 90%!

Its pretty obvious that a new boiler is going to save a lot of CO² emissions and save gas as well!

So why do you have a problem replacing an obsolete boiler?

More inmteresting is how do you know for sure whats wrong with your boiler?

Just by chance have you had some person round who has given you a price to replace your boiler? Now if work is short in a recession, could it JUST possibly be that he wants YOU to think the boiler cannot be repaired because he wants to make a chunk of money from fitting a new boiler for you?

I wonder if he would repair it if you told him that you already have someone to replace the boiler but instead could he repair it?

Tony

How can the boiler be any good if its not working?

Netaheat is perhaps 55% efficient but a new condensing boiler over 90%!

Its pretty obvious that a new boiler is going to save a lot of CO² emissions and save gas as well!

So why do you have a problem replacing an obsolete boiler?

More inmteresting is how do you know for sure whats wrong with your boiler?

Just by chance have you had some person round who has given you a price to replace your boiler? Now if work is short in a recession, could it JUST possibly be that he wants YOU to think the boiler cannot be repaired because he wants to make a chunk of money from fitting a new boiler for you?

I wonder if he would repair it if you told him that you already have someone to replace the boiler but instead could he repair it?

Tony

I have a Potterton Netaheat 10/16E which was installed in 1985. It has been serviced regularly by a Corgi Registered, - now RGI plumber. A few weeks ago, the printed circuit board failed, and I bought one from a gas parts supplier for £99.00 plus S & H. When the part arrived, the plumber inspected it and said it was the right part, in the right box, and it was brand new. He fitted the part and did all the necessary checks. When he finished all the checks about emissions, and efficiency etc., he told me that the boiler was in superb condition, showing 80% efficiency, ( better than the original manufacturer's quote of 78%, and nowhere near the 55% you have plucked from out of thin air ), and a lot more efficient than a lot of the stuff on the market today. The emissions were something like 0.0015, not sure of the exact figure, but he said they were extremely low, and I could rest easy. The charge was £25.00 for labour, in view of the fact we have an annual service contract. I am well pleased, and I can see no reason why I should pay out over a couple of grand of my meagre pension, for one of these new boilers that offer 90% efficiency. If I could save ten per cent off my gas bill, by paying out over two grand on a new boiler, I'd need to live to be a hundred to get it back. If anyone has an old Potterton Netaheat 10/16, through my own experience, I would say, stick with it if you can. Parts may be a struggle to find, but somewhere, out there, you never know...... They were definitely made to last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back