Netaheat prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a prob with a 10-16 Netaheat. The black box went and I replaced it - all fine. The customer now reports that the hw is too hot to touch even with the boiler stat at minimum... DHW on gravity, cylinder direclty above boiler. Overheat stat presumably ok as when I was there the boiler wasn't running all the time.. Any ideas?
thanks
jelboy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
jelboy said:
Are boiler stats still available for these archaic monsters?

Why would you call them that??
I fitted one in my own house 26 years ago and i have never had need to remove the cover!
When tested with FGA it is still burning well within acceptable parameters !!

I wonder how many of todays heaps of c**p will last half that time even after throwing hundreds of pounds worth of spares at them??

I fully realise that by making this statement the gremlins will be sent to punish me ,but as i have a complete set of spares that I have scavenged from boilers which I have replaced for customers who chose to ignore my advice I dont give a flying feck!!!

Terrywookfit said:
Why would you call them that??
I fitted one in my own house 26 years ago and i have never had need to remove the cover!
When tested with FGA it is still burning well within acceptable parameters !!

I wonder how many of todays heaps of c**p will last half that time even after throwing hundreds of pounds worth of spares at them??

I fully realise that by making this statement the gremlins will be sent to punish me ,but as i have a complete set of spares that I have scavenged from boilers which I have replaced for customers who chose to ignore my advice I dont give a flying f**k!!!

Excellent post. Someone who speaks up for themselves and does not follow the crowd. Well done

Noisy, huge, ugly, inefficient, short on parts, safety record, asbestos...yuck. I have a 40 year old Lambretta I love because it's beautiful but I cannot imagine why you would see fit to hold onto a 30 year old boiler. The extra money you would have been paying in gas in the last few years would have paid for a new boiler already.

These boilers are unservicable because of the asbestos and i have been told not to service the few that remain in my local council stock which means the council will have to replace them.....about time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back