Never upset your car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My faithful 11 year old Megane was in the workshop having a failed window motor disconnected after it wound the window down but then refused to close it again.

Sitting reception I glanced through the catalogue of new Renaults and mentioned to a salesman that as repairs were getting expensive I might consider a new car.

The next day on the M6 old faithful got grumpy and went all lumpy with engine warning light on but no STOP so continued the round trip. Generally OK but reduced acceleration meant more care.

Back home changing the ignition coil on cylinder 3 got it running smoothly for over 30 miles. Good all fixed, NO..... she was playing games. Next morning she is grumpy and lumpy again. So back to main dealers. they change another coil and she runs smoothly in the workshop but to be sure the technician takes her for a test drive. A mile or so down the road she gets grumpy again.

Compression check shows low on cylinders 1 and 2. She has blown a gasket, just because I moaned about her window motor......? ? ?

Sad because she and I and a very close friend shared some very happy journeys.

Come to think of it the one time before that she got grumpy was when I was driving to meet that friend for a re-union after 40 years. Maybe she was jealous then....

Sponsored Links
All I can say is that I have never worked out why they always seem to run better after a good wash and clean. Is it my imagination?

It isn't after cleaning out 'er indoors motor.......probably due to the reduced weight from the removal of shoes, lipsticks and so on :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back