New alarm advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I own a semi detached house and would like to install an alarm system. My friend who is an electrician has said he will help me install it.

I would spend up to £250 for it and want it to at least text or call me if it goes off.

I would like 4 or 5 room sensors and two door sensors. Maybe a remote key fob. And for it to have tamper protection if it is within my budget.

Any advice on a wireless alarm system that would suit my needs and budget?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
IronmongeryDirect have a great deal on Yale alarms at the moment.
here is a wireless alarm that calls you if activated and there are 5 pir sensors - 2 door contacts - a remote keyfob here. Also includes 1 working siren and a dummy siren.

You do need a landline though as it calls out

Code Description Price Qty Remove
825434 Yale Premium Alarm Kit
£130.00

546845 Yale Additional PIR Detector
£17.45

647432 Yale Additional Remote Control
£25.00

Payment methods Sub Total (Exc VAT): £207.35
VAT @ 20.0%: £41.47
Grand Total: £248.82

just creeps in under your budget and your friend is not necessarily needed as it plugs into a socket.

IronmongeryDirect have a great deal on Yale alarms at the moment.
here is a wireless alarm that calls you if activated and there are 5 pir sensors - 2 door contacts - a remote keyfob here. Also includes 1 working siren and a dummy siren.

You do need a landline though as it calls out

Code Description Price Qty Remove
825434 Yale Premium Alarm Kit
£130.00

546845 Yale Additional PIR Detector
£17.45

647432 Yale Additional Remote Control
£25.00

Payment methods Sub Total (Exc VAT): £207.35
VAT @ 20.0%: £41.47
Grand Total: £248.82

just creeps in under your budget and your friend is not necessarily needed as it plugs into a socket.

If it is plugged into the mains can someone just unplug the alarm if they get in?

Sponsored Links
The device that plugs in is simply a transformer like a phone charger that keeps the panels internal battery topped up. If that is disconnected or pulled out the internal alarm battery keeps the panel active for a further 10 hours.

You would of course site the panel where the intruder would have activated a sensor prior to reaching the panel as a matter of course usually by door contact and hallway sensors.
The panels also have a tamper protection and are very robust. I know of an incident where a panel was stomped on but it still continued to keep the alarm going even though it had a lovely footprint and broken lcd screen. The Police dutifuly arrived after the next door neighbour had phoned and they were accosted in the back garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back