Wireless Alarm advice needed please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks for reading.

Im currently wanting to install a wireless home alarm. I need 3-4 door senors and 3-4 movment sensors.

I would like to be able to install this myself as I know my way round a tool box fairly well.

I would be looking to spend upto £300.

Can anyone recommended one or somewhere I can buy one that will be suitable for that budget.

Thanks again for looking.

Sponsored Links
I know this doesn't cover it all, but its much better than the yale, and fairly easy to install:

http://www.e-fireandsecurity.co.uk/visonic-powermax-new-version-wireless-intruder-alarm-kit-2/p10

http://www.e-fireandsecurity.co.uk/...fp-kitwes-wireless-intruder-alarm-kit-2/p4292

The visonic has a fully wireless bell, the infinite has a mains powered bell, although the visonic can be used with a powered bell. Both feature an in-built speech dialler, and both can be fully expanded at a later date with keyfobs, smokes, shocks etc.

If you shop around, you might be able to find them cheaper.

When choosing the equipment give some time and effort to finding out how the system handles faults and how clear are the indications that there is a fault in the sytem.

What is written on the box is important but what is NOT written on the box can be much more important. After all it would reduce sales if known shortcomings were printed on the box.

Sponsored Links
Again if you keep all receipts and the installation is suitable the Visonic can be graded for insurance purposes by a registered alarm company in the future. And gain Police response as the regulations stand. The other item mentioned can and never will have that acceptance.

So for not a lot of different in total you can have future upgrading inbuilt. And still fit it yourself.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll have a closer look at both and see which would suit me best.

Cheers :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back