Wireless Alarm Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father would like a basic alarm system fitted to his house but it needs to be wireless as running cables is out of the question.
Ive read that Texecom make some of the best systems so which would be the best option for him?
Plan is to protect 2 entry/exit doors, maybe 3 pirs, external sounder and remote keypad.
May want to add window sensors at a later date but not critical at start.
Budget is roughly £250 give or take.
No fancy gizmos needed as he does not use a mobile phone but it needs to be reliable.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
have a look for some kits on alert electrical, then price them up elsewhere. You may need to adjust the budget slightly.

Don't forget you will need a battery , 2.8 or 7.0ah a bell cover plus cable to wire in keypad extra on that price

Sponsored Links
cant think of anything else he definitely will need, but those bits are not meg bucks. should get it all for 300 ish.

If you had a Texecom live panel the keypad is built into the main panel.

However like most wireless alarms the keypads are usually hardwired, Risco Agility 3 and Videofied are completely wireless solutions I am sure there are others, the chances are an end user wouldn't be able to get hold of those two systems though.

Until relatively recently Texecom didn't have a wireless bell module either, I understand that there may be a wireless keypad in development for Texecom, but its unlikely to be available this year and have no idea if or when it will actually be available.

Its not a deal breaker by any means as the rkp will probably end up close to the panel but i will look further into it.
Thanks for the help.

I'd also go for powermaster over the Richochet!!

I am guessing you are not keen on the ricochet then, can I ask why you prefer one over the other?

I guessI was switched over to Powermaster in the early days when Ricochet had its teething probs........Just personal preference/ familiarity!

However Texecom manuals are far less complex that Visonic!

done the training on the new visonic, some time ago but no ones asked for it, thinking it may be worth revisiting.

so not had any issues with any of the new frequency technology, have to say I like the idea it isn't stuck on one frequency, and the door contact I was shown back then was tiny.

LOL manuals for many products aren't always written well, on the training it was easy enough but we all know that doesn't cover half of what he panel can do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back