Recommend a smart wireless alarm system please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend a wireless alarm system (wireless PIR's, door contacts, keypads and external sirens) that's capable of connecting via WiFi to send real time set/unset, fault and alarm alerts to our iOS devices? Possibly an internal camera?
Setting would be better via keypad or tags over keyfobs.
I'd also like to add protection to my van that's parked on my driveway. Any experience with this? Would a wireless PIR work?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Well hmm, yes and no.

yes some of these things can be done and some of them cant depending on which system you have.

When I say cant the problem is signal between the van and the alarm system, and the whether the connection is supervised.

The following is not a recommendation but believe AJAX can have cameras and can turn off supervision for individual wireless zones.
We don't fit these and given my interaction with the rep its unlikely we ever will, I asked about the systems some time ago, and took the rep 6 months to get in touch in the first instance, if its that slow to sell to me then hate to think about support.

Orisec can also turn off the supervision of individual zones I believe although normally you wouldn't turn it off, but don't believe they have integrated cameras as such at the minute.

Personally if your having an internal camera, maybe a 2MP+ camera with line crossing to send you a picture when activated may be more prudent and have that connected to the DVR/NVR along with any external cameras in the future?

Food for thought on the camera and van coverage. Thanks.

Been looking at the Pyronix Enforcer. Seems to tick a lot of my boxes even if the keypad looks a little dated!

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Not quite a beginner as such being a 30 plus years experience electrician and used to some complex equipment. However, not much experience in wireless alarm systems choice wise.

pros and cons for them all, its the question on what you need to achieve.

can you turn the supervision off for an individual zone on the pyronix enforcer sparkymarka?

just thinking sensor in/on van if the signal can get to the property initially, when he leaves for work for the day could be an issue, have to admit never used and didn't think you could.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back