Alarm system recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening.

We are moving into a new house that has no alarm whatsoever. It is an old barn conversion and I would like to put a system in.

I have a fair list of specs I will want:

Reliable
Part wired/part wireless
Must have an option of additional keypads being wireless
Pet tolerant
Loud alarm tone from keypad
Modern looking keypads (would like touchscreen however I haven't found anything through a lot of searching)
Keypad shows were alarm has been activated without first putting your code in

I have looked around and the scantronic ion series half fits the bill. However I have a scantronic now and it fails to show the alarm source without first switching the alarm off which I don't like. Also the additional wireless keypads do not have a display nor make any alarm noise (I would be happy to run power to them).

The texecom premier elite looks good however I can't seem to find any wireless keypads.

Is my wish list a little too big? I didnt think I was wanting too much until I started looking around and found out how primitive alarm systems still are.

Does anyone have any recommendations of systems that fit my spec. Or any they would recommend for me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also the additional wireless keypads do not have a display nor make any alarm noise (I would be happy to run power to them).
If you are happy to run power to them why are you not so happy to run data cables to them ?

Wireless does make the installation much easier but it brings with it some dis-advantages, batteries and a loophole for malicious tampering ( unsetting the alarm ) from outside the premises.

its always a trade off what you want versus whats available.

loop hole hybrid systems have benefits

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back